Welcome to the Makeup Junkie! Today's post is going to be my long awaited hair care routine. You Dolls have been requesting this particular post for a year now and I am finally getting around to it. So, let's jump straight in.
Basic questions about my hair:
- My texture: Thick and tight curls
- My Scalp: Is dry
- My hair growth: about 1/4 inch every month
My in shower routine: (I wash my hair in cold water to reduce damage and add shine.)
- I purify my hair with purifying shampoo (I use the Suave brand.) and Apple Cider Vinegar at the beginning of the month. (I usually wash my hair on Sunday.)
- Co-wash (co-washing is using a cleansing conditioner to clean and condition the hair at the same time.) during the second and third week of each month. I use the Shea Moisture Co-wash conditioning cleanser.
- I use a normal shampoo on the fourth week of the month. I use the Herbal Essences Hydralicious De-damage boost shampoo.
- I use Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Nourishing Conditioner every time I wash my hair to condition it nicely. It leave my hair feeling soft and looking shiny.
- I deep condition my hair with various deep conditioning masks. Just use what you enjoy most!
- Once I am done in the shower I use a large cotton shirt to lightly dry my hair. Cotton reduces the amount of breakage.
Out of the shower Routine:
- I apply As I am Leave in Conditioner and a tiny bit of coconut oil to my hair. I focus the product on my ends and the mid shafts of my hair.
- Then I take a large detangling comb and comb out my hair. I start at the ends and move up the hair shaft.
Blowdry w/o diffuser Routine: (I don't blow dry my hair straight everyday or every week.)
- I use the Mixed Chicks Straightening Serum to protect my hair and cut the blow dry routine in half.
- I use a boar hair brush and medium heat to straighten and smooth my hair.
Blowdry w/ diffuser Routine: (Again I don't do this every day or every week)
- I use the shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie from mid shaft to the ends and comb it through using my fingers.
- I then blow dry my hair with a diffuser on medium heat.
-The Makeup Junkie
- Instagram: Nia Burgess (@picklesandoreos23) • Instagram photos and videos
- Twitter: Nia ♈ (@picklesnoreos23) | Twitter
- Pinterest: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Email: email@example.com
- Tumblr: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Google Plus: Nia Burgess (The Makeup Junkie) - Google+
Recent Blog Posts:
- Neutral, Everyday Glam Eye Tutorial
- Favorite Mascaras
- Teal Pop of Color Eye Tutorial
- Review: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- Collective Beauty Haul #5 (Walgreens, CVS, Sephora, and MORE!)
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased by me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.