Monday, March 2, 2015

Updated Eyebrow Routine

Hey Dolls!

If you have been following me for a while then you know that I think eyebrows are the most important feature on the face; brows frame the face and give makeup a more complete look. Over the years I have spent quite a bit of time looking for the perfect eyebrow products as well as perfecting my routine. In the beginning I would spend a lot of money on eyebrow pencils and powders. Which for me was a problem because I was quite young. When you are a teenager/young adult means you can't always buy the most expensive things. And trying to makes you basically go broke, so you don't have enough money to do anything else! So, I came to the realization that I should probably try cheaper, more accessible, and easier to use products. I searched the drugstores FOREVER looking for dupes of the products I was using before. After a long while of constantly switching up products I can now say I have found the perfect drugstore eyebrow products for me. This routine is super inexpensive, the products are easily accessible, and the products are easy to use.

I do have an old Eyebrow Routine post as well as An inexpensive dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow post up on the blog. If you are interested in checking out either one then, click on their names in the previous sentence. Today, I will be sharing my updated eyebrow routine. So, without further rambling let's jump into it!




Let's begin with a list of the products:

  • NYX cosmetics 3C concealer palette in Dark
  • Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow Shaper
  • Wet n Wild creme eyeliner in Coco Riche 
  • Wet n Wild Mega Clear translucent mascara 
  • Wet n Wild Color Icon brow pencil in Brunettes do it better
  • ELF small angled brush
  • Small, Flat concealer brush from Amazon.com 
On to the routine!
  1. Take the spoolie from the end of the Color Icon Brow pencil and brush the front of the brows up and

    the middle and end of the brow down. Combing through the brows with a spoolie will help you find all of the sparse areas. 
  2. Once your brows are properly combed out apply the Color Icon Brow Shaper wax. This step will keep the the brows in place while you fill them in. 
  3. Then take the Color Icon Brow pencil and begin to outline the bottom on the eyebrows. Start outlining in the middle and work your way to the tail. Outlining the bottom of the brow will act as a guide. 
  4. Once you have outlined the brow take the small angle brush and the creme eyeliner and fill in the ends of the brows. Make sure you use only a little product and use small hair like strokes. I use this product instead of pencil on the ends because it is more pigmented, long lasting, waterproof, and smudge proof; these traits make it perfect for adding "brow" were there is no hair.
  5. Also, fill in the arch with the creme eyeliner. Use less product on this section than was used on the tail of the brow. 
  6. After using the creme eyeliner on the ends fill in the rest of your brow with the Color Icon pencil. Again, use short hair like movements. This will create a more natural looking eyebrow. 
  7. Once you have finished filling in the brow use the spoolie to make the brow appear more natural. 
  8. Now, use a concealer a shade or two lighter than you skin tone and a small, flat concealer brush to clean up any mistakes under the eyebrow. Use only a little concealer too much will make a mess of your brows. 
  9. If you made a mistake on the top of your eyebrows then use your foundation or a concealer the same color as skin tone to fix the issue. Remember to only use a little product, too much can mess up the brow or appear cakey. 
  10. After you have cleaned up your brows then set them in place with a translucent mascara. Remember to brush the beginning upward and the middle and end downward.

That's all folks!


I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the "follow me" tab above. There you will find my email and all of the social media platforms I am on. I would love to speak to you all, so please follow me! Remember to 1+ the blog and post. Remember to share the blog and post. Also, remember to return for new post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. Your support and love means the world to me. I hope you all have a blessed week! 
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I purchased this product with my own money. I am not affiliated with this company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment