Monday, January 12, 2015

Updated Foundation Routine

Hey Dolls!

I recently reviewed the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and I promise to tell you us how I used this product. So, today I will be giving a step by step tutorial on my foundation routine featuring the Double Wear foundation. Let's jump into!

First up... Skin Care:
  1. I cleanse my skin with Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil.
  2. Then I apply my Bliss Peeling groovy Facial Serum.
  3. I lightly apply Benefit eye cream under my eyes and over my brow bone.
  4. To further refresh my eyes I roll Elf eye refresh under my eyes.
  5. To moisturize my skin I apply Argan Oil. My Argan oil for choice is Julep Elixir organic Moroccan argan oil.
  6. I apply a light layer of Glo- Therapeutics oil free SPF 40+ Facial Sunscreen to my entire face.
Onto Skin Prep:
  1. I mix Manual Override Silicone Primer and L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer together and place it on my face.
  2. With a large fluffy powder brush I lightly apply Almay Pure Blends translucent matte powder all over my face.
  3. Then I apply the Estee Lauder foundation in sections on my face. I begin applying it to the inner portion of my face. I blend each section out with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I first press the foundation into my skin then bluff it out for a airbrushed look. This technique also allows me to use less product.
  4. Apply Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 30 cafĂ© under my eyes, my chin, middle of my forehead, and, under the hallows of my cheekbones.
  5. I apply L.A. Girl pro Conceal HD Concealer in Fawn into the inner corner of my under eyes.
  6. I blend my under eye concealer out with a beauty blending sponge. I blend the concealer from the inner corner of my eye all the way out to my temples. I soften the harsh lines with my Expert Face Brush.
  7. I take the ELF blush brush and dip into my City Color Contour Effects palette. I use the color highlight to lightly set under eyes. 
  8. Taking the same brush I use the color highlight and dust it over all of the areas I applied my concealer on.
  9. I lightly powder my T-zone with a large fluffy powder brush and Clinique blended face powder in 05 Transparency 5 (D).
  10. Then I take a medium sized powder and bronze the hallows of my cheeks, the outer portions of my forehead, my chin, and my neck.
  11. Next I take a flat foundation brush and the contour shade in the city color contour effects palette and create a sharp line in the hallows of my cheeks. I blend out the harsh lines with my expert Face brush
  12. I take a domed eyeshadow brush and the color contour and contour my nose lightly. I then blend it out with my fingers.
  13. I then apply whatever other makeup I decide to apply that day.
  14. Once I finish my face makeup I spray my skin with NYX matte finish spray.
That's all Folks!

That is my entire everyday foundation routine. This routine is long lasting and really easy and quick. I know it looks like a lot of steps, but it really isn't this routine takes me about 8 to 10 minutes in all. I want to know your favorite foundation. Email me, comment below, or hit me up on Google Plus to let me know.

If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comments section below.  If you would like to contact me please refer to the "follow me" tab above. Remember to 1+ this blog and this post. Also share the blog and post with your friends and family. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you have a great week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned. I was not paid to make this blog post.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment