Monday, January 5, 2015

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-place Makeup Review

Hey Dolls,

First off let me start by saying I hope you all had a happy holiday season. Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas,or Kwanzaa I hope your holiday season was filled with joy and love. I would also like to wish everyone a happy new year! I hope this year is full of love and blessing.

As you all know I took a holiday vacation away from the blog, but I didn't take a vacation away from makeup. While the holiday season was among us, I purchased and received quite a few makeup items. The Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-place Makeup (it is a foundation) was among the products I tried out. I have used the foundation for several weeks now and I thought it would be a prefect time to review this product.

As I am sure you all guessed today's post will be a review on this foundation. This review will be formulated a lot like my other reviews. There will be a brief summary of the products claims as well as a brief run down of the container, price, and color range. Then, there I will list the pros and cons and I will list if there are any affordable dupes for this product. Last, but not least, I will summarize my feelings on the product, I will give a few tips for optimal use of this product and I will finally say if I like or dislike the product. So, with all that said, let's jump into the review!


Let's begin with the product claims, shades, cost, and container information:

According to the Estee Lauder the Double Wear foundation has 15-hour staying power. They say it's a flawless long-wearing makeup that stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, and nonstop activity. They say it won't change color, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable. The company claims that the foundation is medium, bulidable coverage. Estee Lauder says that the finish of the foundation is a natural/ semi matte finish. Which means it will not be dewy or matte, but it will be somewhere in between. They say it works well for all skin types. A few facts that Estee Lauder's website give on the foundation are: oil-free, dermatologist tested, non-acnegenic; won't clog pores, and fragrance free. The bottle is made of glass. It is a frosted rectangular glass bottle. The bottle contains 1 FL. OZ. This foundation comes in 30 shades and it retails for $37.00 U.S. dollars. This product can be found in most department stores (Macy's, Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor, etc.), Sephora, and esteelauder.com. 

Onto Pros:
  • Long lasting
  • Oil Control 
  • Doesn't transfer
Now Cons: 
  • SPF so there is a white cast in pictures 
  • Has the potential to be messy; there is no pump and the product is liquid.  
Any Dupes?

I wouldn't say that there is a drugstore option that this exactly like this product. if you are looking for a product that is long lasting and from the drugstore I would suggest Revlon Colorstay Foundation. The colorstay is long lasting with bulidable coverage, but it doesn't feel as lightweight as the Estee Lauder Double Wear does. 

Any Tips?

  • This foundation is great for all skin types, however if you are on the normal to dry side i would use a really moisturizing moisturizer and/or primer. It will help the product glide. 

  • Use a damp, dense dome shaped foundation brush to apply and bled out this product. This product doesn't come with a pump. Therefore, it is easy to spill product, I would suggest purchasing a pump from MAC or NARS. 
Do I like this product?

Yes, I like this product and I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a long wearing, lightweight foundation. 

Anything else?

I know some of you will want to know how I use this product and what other products I may use with, etc, etc. I will have a new foundation routine up soon. I will answer all foundation routine like questions there. So, stay tuned for that! In the meantime checkout my foundation routine and review for the Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation. I will link that post below.

That's all Folks!

I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the "follow me" tab above. There you will find my email and all of the social media platforms I am on. I would love to speak to you all, so please follow me! Remember to 1+ the blog and post. Remember to share the blog and post. Also, remember to return for new post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. Your support and love means the world to me. I hope you all have a blessed week! 
-The Makeup Junkie


LINKS:
  • Kat Von D Review and Foundation Routine: http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/06/foundation-review-and-current.html

  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: http://www.esteelauder.com/product/643/22830/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Face/Foundations/Double-Wear/Stay-in-Place-Makeup 


DISCLAIMER:

All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this blog post. I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned. I recieved this product as a gift from a person who is not affiliated with Estee Lauder. All other products mentioned were purchased by me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment