Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cool Tone Smoky Eye tutoiral

Hey Dolls!

I recently wanted to experiment with more cool tone neutrals, so the best way for me to do that was use the Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay. This palette is made up entirely of cool tone neutral colors so, it was ideal for the type of look I was looking to do. I was really happy with the outcome so, I
decided o share it on the blog with you Dolls. With all that said, today's post is going to be a cool tone smoky eye using that palette. Of course you could use other palettes to achieve this look. Remember this is just a guideline. Feel free to be as creative as you would like.




Let's Begin!

  1. Take you favorite eyeshadow primer or base. I used NYX eyeshadow base in Skin Tone.
  2. Take tape and apply it to the outer v of the eyes.
  3. Using a fluffy blending brush apply the color tease to the crease of the eye. This will allow all colors placed on to blend out better.
  4. Take the color snakebite on a flat shader brush and place it on the first half of the mobile lid.
  5. Take another flat shader brush and place the color busted on the second half of the mobile lid.
  6. Take a small detailer brush and apply the color blackout to the outer v. Blend the color with a clean fluffy brush. 
  7. Remove the tape. Blend out any harsh lines the tape left behind with your finger.
  8. Take another small detailer brush and apply the color chopper to the tear duct and the first half of the bottom lash line.
  9. Take a small detailer brush and the color busted and blend that color on the second half of the lower lash line.
  10. Take the color foxy and  mix it with tease and apply it on the brow bone.
  11. Take a clean fluffy brush and blend the crease. Make sure the shadows are blended out properly.
  12. Take a black pencil liner and line the water line and the tight line. I used L'Oreal's Silkesseme liner in black.
  13. Curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara or/ and add false eyelashes. I did not apply false eyelashes.
That's all folks!

That was my cool tone, metallic smoky eye. I hope you all enjoyed that look. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' tab above. Remember to 1+ and share this blog and post. Thank you for stopping by. Hope you have an amazing first full week of 2015!
-The Makeup Junkie

List of Products:
  1. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
  2. NYX eyeshadow base in skin tone
  3. L'Oreal Silkesseme Liner in black
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this blog post. I am not affiliated of the companies mentioned. I purchased all products mentioned on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment