Friday, January 23, 2015

Current Beauty Favorites

Hey Dolls!

I was incredibly busy during late October, all of November, and early December (#firstworldcollegekidproblems), so I wasn't buying makeup nor, was I applying much makeup. That unfortunately means I wasn't able to post beauty favorites for the last couple of months. My last monthly beauty favorites was my October Beauty Favorites and it was pre-scheduled a couple of weeks ahead of time.
When Christmas break rolled around I found a bit more time to shop and apply makeup. So, I figured I would share my favorite products with you Dolls. These are the products I have been using for the last couple of months and I have loved them so much that I thought it was worth sharing with you all! With all that said, let's jump straight into it.



Let' begin with skincare:


  • Bliss Peeling Groovy Facial Serum- I am obsessed with this serum. It is a smoothing, brightening, pore reducing, exfoliating serum.My face has been so smooth, soft, and radiant since using this product. I highly recommend this for anyone who has pigmentation, large pores, wrinkles, and/ or dull skin.  
  • Julep Elixir Organic Moroccan Argan Oil- I have recently been trying to find a simpler, more natural skin care routine. So, I did a lot of research and people were saying they love using Argan oil as a facial moisturizer. A lot of them were saying it works well for all skin types. So, I bought some argan oil from Julep.com and I have to say I love using argan oil on my face! My skin has been AMAZING since I started using argan oil. I have actually experienced less oil and my skin glows. I recommend this to EVERYONE. 
Moving on to Makeup:
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-place Makeup- I purchased this foundation right before Christmas and I have worn it everyday since purchasing it. At first I was not feeling it. I couldn't get it to sit properly on my skin. After trying a million different primers and brushes I finally discovered how to best apply it to my skin. I now use two different primers and I apply with my fingers and a dense, domed brush. I recommend this product to anyone who needs long lasting, medium build able coverage. 
  • No Name Ulta Blush- I am not sure of you all knew this about me, but I am not a huge blush wearer.
    Ulta Blush
    I generally shy away from blushes because as a dark skinned person they are either too ashy or too red, but when I was helping my mom clean her room, we found a palette of Ulta brand blushes. My mom said she didn't want them and I decided I would take them. I depotted them and added them to my collection. Sadly, their were no names on the blushes, but my favorite one this peachy pink blush with golden shimmers. I LOVE this blush. This is perfect for anyone who has a medium brown complexion or any complexion lighter than that. It gives such a gorgeous glow! Like previously stated I don't know the name and I don't know if it is apart of Ulta's permanent collection. So, I am so sorry, hopefully you can find something similar. 
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 30 Cafe- This has been an awesome lightweight, light coverage concealer. It is perfect for days when I don't want a lot of coverage and/ or I don't want to feel a lot of makeup on my skin. It is super moisturizing and easy to apply. I love it! 
  • Smashbox Always Sharp Pencil Eyeliners- I was given a gift set of these liners for Christmas and I a SO glad that I did. They are the creamiest, smoothest, waterproof kohl eyeliners EVER! I used them daily. I recommend them to all of you! 
  • Gerard Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Salmon- OMG! This lip gloss has been the answer to all of my prayers! It is the prefect spring/summer orange-y, coral color of people with dark skin! It is beyond pretty, super opaque, and yes to apply. I am in love.  
  • Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Little Saint- This is a quad filled with gorgeous creamy, opaque easy to blend eyeshadows. The palette contains 2 matte shades and 2 shimmery shades. I love this little palette so much! 
  • Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Carnaval in Rio- If you have been following the blog for a while you know I love these highlighters in the shades Rose Gold Goddess and Rose Champagne Glow. I sure you guys always know I wasn't really in love with Carnaval in Rio when I bought it, but lately that shade has been my favorite. (If you are unfamiliar with this product I will link my review below.) This is the best drugstore highlighter for dark skin. It makes me look like I am glowing from within. It is so beautiful! I can't stop wearing it! I recommend this for my chocolate girls. The medium complexions might be able to pull it of, but no other skin tones; it would look muddy on fair or light skin tones. 
  • City Color Contour Effects- I love using the contour color in this palette as well as the highlight color. The contour shade is gorgeous because it is a matte, extremely pigmented, warm toned contour color. The highlight shade is a white shade with shimmers in it. I love it to set the highlighted portions of my face. 
  • NYX Eye Shadow Base in Skin Tone- This is the prefect eye shadow base. My lids are so oily and shadows always crease on me. I have tried so many high end brands and they still all crease on me, but this NYX base is awesome.
  • Julep Go Big Mascara- I won't talk about this too much because I have a review up on the blog. I will say that I love this mascara. 
  • Hard Candy 1,000 Lashes lash primer- This my holy grail mascara primer. It helps lengthen and separate my lashes and it is super inexpensive. 
  • Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing mascara- I love how voluminous and long this makes my lashes. I experience no flaking and no smudging. Plus it is less than $4.00!
  • Sally Hansen Brow Trimming Scissors- I love how well these glide through my eyebrows. I can cut long hairs so quickly and precisely its awesome! 
That's all Folks!

I hope you all liked that post. If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the "follow me" tab above. Remember to 1+ and share this blog and post. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you have an amazing day!
-The Makeup Junkie


LINKS:
  • Wet n Wild Highlighter Review- http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/08/review-wet-n-wild-fergie-centerstage.html 
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this post. Either I or a person I know purchased these products. I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned.