Monday, October 12, 2015

Medium Coverage, Satin Finish Foundation Routine!

Hey Dolls!

Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie! Today's blog post is going to be a dewy/satin foundation routine. I know I have said time and time again that I am super oily, and I am, but lately I haven't been as oily as I usually am. Which is fine with me. I am now more combo to normal than combo to oily. So I have been embracing more "dewy" foundations. Today I want to share my favorite satin foundation routine with you. Just so you know this is a super high end routine.  It just happened that way. As you all know I love lower end things so don't think for a second I am still using and purchasing new drugstore makeup. I just have these things in my arsenal and I want to use them. I will provide alternatives to every product. Whether it is a drugstore alternative for a higher end product or vice versa. Also, this routine will include my go to highlighter, blushes, and bronzers. I will list the ones I am loving; each product I will list is fantastic and sure fire favorites. With all that said, lets jump straight into it!
Me wearing this routine
Let's begin with skin prep:

  • Makeup Forever Step 1 Equalizers in Hydrating and Radiant. A great alternative for these primers are the L'Oreal Magic Lumi and The ELF Hydrating Face Primer. 
Moving onto Foundation and Concealer:
  • Mix a drop of Rose Hip Oil and MAC Pro-Long Wear Nourishing Foundation or MAC Mineralized Moisture Foundation. My shade in both foundations is NC50. I love to use the L'Oreal True Match Foundation during this routine sometimes. 
  • I use a damp beauty blender to apply my foundation mixture onto my skin. I usually apply one full layer and I add more where I need coverage. This usually gives me medium to full coverage. 
  • I like to apply my concealer in a small triangle under my eyes. I love to brighten per the usual, but I don't like to be too bright anymore. I like a little more laid back. I like to use one or two of the following concealers: Maybelline Better Skin, Benefit Fake Up, Maybelline Fit Me, L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer, Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer and/or Benefit Boing. I love each concealer pretty much equally. I use my beauty blender to blend it out. Sometimes I apply concealer to my undereyes, bridge of the nose, cupid's bow, forehead, chin, and sides of the nose. This is a bit more extreme, so I don't do it too often...anymore!
Onto Setting the Foundation and Concealer:
  • I set my concealer (where ever I put it) with the Sephora Bright Set Loose Powder in Yellow. This is Micro Fine Powder that is tinted Yellow. It isn't too stark under the eyes and it doesn't make me look ashy. I currently do not have a dupe for this. This is reasonable priced and works perfectly. I highly recommend it!
  • To set my face I use MAC Mineralize Skinfinsh  in Dark Deep. This powder is like no other I have ever tried. It is light to medium coverage and it gives a satin skin like finish to the skin. It is incredible. It's pricey, but it is worth it to me.  
Now for my go to bronzers and/or contour powders:
  • I do not contour everyday, but if I do I use one of the following shades: ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in Turks and Caicos; only the "bronzing" shade, City Color Contour Effect Palette: only the "contour" shade, Smashbox Step by Step Kit in Deep; I use all three shades, but to contour I use the "deep contour" shade, and lastly Ulta Contour Kit; I use several of the shades in this palette, but I only use the shade called "Goddess Bronzer". 
  • When I Bronze I use the Golden Bronzer in the Ulta Kit or Covergirl's Ebony Bronze Bronzer. These colors work the best for me. I haven't found any bronzer shades that work other than those shades. I use the Real Techniques Bronzer brush because it is super fluffy. The fluffiness of this brush diffuses and blends the bronzer as soon as it touches my skin.  
Onto blushes:
  • The Following are my favorite blushes of the moment:
    • ELF Blush Palette in Dark
    • Coastal Scents Blush in Radiant
    • Benefit Cha Cha Tint
    • Milani Baked Blush in Bellissimo Bronze
    • Smashbox Step by Step Contour Kit in Deep: Terracotta Bronze
Moving Right along to highlighters:
  • Colourpop Highlighters in Avalon and Most Necessary
  • Benefit Watt's Up
  • Benefit Girl Meet Pearl
  • Wet n' Wild Hollywood Boulevard
  • Missy Lynn Palette
  • BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant Palette
  • Ulta Contour Kit; Radiance and Lustre Highlighters

That's all Folks!

My obsessed with this routine. It makes my skin look luminous and flawless all day long. I do get a tab bit oily in my t zone so I either blot or/and apply a translucent powder.

Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:



DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased by me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment