Monday, October 26, 2015

October 2015 Beauty Favorites

Hey Dolls!

Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie! It's about that time again.... FAVORITES TIME! The past few months I have tried so many products, and I have fallen in love with so many products. So, I figured I would share them all with you. With that said, lets get started!!


  • Too Faced Star Dust Palette: I have been raving about this for a couple of weeks now. If you are an hardcore Makeup Junkie follower, then you know I am obsessed with this palette. The colors are so intense, buttery, long lasting, and blendable. My favorite colors from this palette are millennial, girl's night, showgirl, and double tap. You all need this palette, especially if you love warm colors and/or purples. 
  • BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette: This is a eyeshadow and highlighter palette. I like this palette because the colors are pigmented, blendable, and got perfectly together. It palette could b e used all on its one. It has matte shades, shimmery shades, and satin shades. This would be great for people who love purples and warm shades. Plus, it was super affordable! 
  • Ulta Contour Kit: I mentioned this once or twice before but, I want to mention it again. I really love this because it is an all in one for me. It has shimmery highlight shades, undereye shades, a bronzer, and a deep contour shade. I love this palette. It is super affordable, easy to use, and travel friendly. 
  • Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Plus Foundation: I was in the market for a mattifying foundation and I happened to pick this one up. It is matte, not flat, full coverage, and long lasting. It has become one of my favorite foundations. I totally recommend it. 
  • Beauty Blender: Everyone knows about this little tool. This is a great tool. It blends everything out product beautifully. The skin appear airbrushed and the finish is lightweight. It is a great way to quickly and flawlessly apply cream or liquid products. 
  • Benefit Porefessional Agent Zero Shine Powder: This is a shine reducing translucent powder. I like this because it has a brush at the bottom and a sifter which makes it ideal for travel. It also doesn't make me ashy. 
  • Benefit Fake Up: I really like how hydrating and creaseless this concealer is. It is sheer to medium coverage and great for day to day use. If you aren't into the feeling of makeup especially concealer under the eye this would be a great alternative for you. 
  • MAC Cosmetics Format Blush: This blush is perfect for WOC. It is a bronze blush with a warm peachy golden highlight to it. It almost looks copper. On the skin it looks beautiful. I get tons of compliments. It is amazing. 
  • ELF Blush Palette in Dark: This palette truly impresses me; it is extremely pigmented. These blend, but they don't blend as well as my higher end blushes. But the pigmentation and colors make up for it. I recommend to everyone. 
  • Morphe Single Eyeshadows: I have 28 of their colors and I am so glad I picked these up. They are pigmented, blendable, and super inexpensive. These have been my ride or die shadows for the last month or so. 
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Peach Nectar: At first I hated this highlighter. I thought it was too glittery. When I paired it with a more dense brush it showed up way better! I recommend using the #28 brush that Anastasia made for this product.   
  • Colourpop Highlighters: I own several of these and I am so glad I do. They are pigmented, blendable, and buildable. My highlight can be seen from outer space with these highlighters. I highly recommend these to you. 
  • Tarte Holidaze Stroke of Midnight Brush Set: This is a gorgeous brush set. I love the gold handles. They looks so expensive, but they were a pretty good value. I think I paid only $44 USD. The travel case that came with is amazing as well. 
  • Real Techniques Sculpting Brush: This is a super dense contour brush. I love it for blending out my powder or applying/blending my cream contour. It works like a dream!
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder: This is my go to face powder. It is so lightweight and it looks like skin. It is great for touch up or setting. I highly recommend it!
  • MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation: This is a dewy finish foundation with SPF. It is medium coverage, but it is not buildable. (At least not in my opinion.) I love it! I know my skin type is combination, but I really love the way this looks on my face. 
  • BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant Highlighter Palette: This palette is amazing. It is inexpensive, highly pigmented and super customizable. It has four shades in the palette you can choose one, choose all, or layer a couple of them. I am obsessed! 
  • Benefit Watts Up: This is a beautiful cream highlighter. The color is a pale champagne shade and it looks amazing on all skin tones. This formula is creamy and blendable. It doesn't look chunky or ashy on my skin and it pairs well with all of my other highlighters. 
  • Benefit Girl Meets Pearl: This is the most beautiful duo chrome highlighter ever! It is pinky, champagne-ish, and a bit golden as well. It is liquid so when it goes onto my skin it blends in so well, that it looks like a glow from within. I love to put this on with Watts up underneath my foundation, then I finish my foundation and put either sunbeam from Benefit or High Beam from Benefit on top. This concoction of highlighters make the skin look so healthy it is insane. I beyond recommend this highlighter and all the others I mentioned. They are must haves!
  • MAC Prolong Wear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation: This has been my holygrail foundation for a couple months. It gives me medium to full coverage, a skin like finish, it lasts all day, and a bit of a glow. It looks amazing. I don't know much about the waterproof claims, but I can say it is a fantastic foundation. 
  • Smashbox Primer Water: This has been awesome for my prepping my skin before foundation. I apply this to my face before I apply regular primer. I find this locks in my makeup. It doesn't matter what primer I use, what foundation I use, it helps them last longer.
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: I spray this twice, once I have applied on of the liquids and creams and the second time when my makeup is completely done. I like to do this so my powders don't look cakey and to prolong the wear of my makeup. 
  • Sephora Bright Set Loose Powder in Banana: I love this powder. It doesn't make me look ashy, it slightly minimizes my pores, and it keeps me matte. I'm not sure if they have other colors, but this is awesome!!!
  • Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip Lipsticks: I own about 20 or so if these and I am so glad I do. They last all day and the colors are super pigmented. Plus they are quite inexpensive. I totally recommend them to anyone who is one the liquid lipstick bang wagon.

That's all Folks!

Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:



DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased by me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment