Monday, September 14, 2015

My ELF Brush Collection

Hey Dolls!


Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie!! Today, I am going to share my ELF brush collection. ELF is a super inexpensive makeup brand that creates quality products and sells them at an affordable price. All of the brushes I will be mentioning today are currently available on their website. The prices range from $1.00 to $6.00. I will list all the prices and pictures next to my description of each brush. Now with all of that said, let's get started!
Let's start with the Studio Line- brushes in this line retail for anywhere between $3.00-$10.00.

  • Pointed Foundation Brush: ($3.00) I like to use this brush to either blend out the concealer under my eyes or place cream contour on my face. The point on the top of this brush makes it perfect for precision blending or application of cream products. 
  • Small Stipple Brush:($3.00) I like to blending out my cream blushes, cream contour or concealers with this brush. I only like this for blending. It gives a nice, airbrush finish to the makeup. 
  • Stipple Brush: ($3.00) I like to use the stipple brush to apply cream products or liquid products. 
  • Ultimate Blending Brush: ($6.00) This is an awesome brush. I love to blend out my foundation with this. It give a flawless finish to the skin. I am obsessed with it!
  • Contouring Brush: ($3.00) This is a domed shaped brush that fits perfectly into the crease of the eye. It is awesome for blending out a crease colors and outer V colors. 
  • Small Angled Brush: ($3.00) I actually own two of these and I use them to fill in my eyebrows and do my gel eyeliner. This brush is pretty much the most basic of angled brushes. Nothing too special here. 
  • Blush Brush: ($3.00) This is a flat brush that I use to set my under eyes or apply my contour. 
  • Mascara and Shadow Shield: ($3.00) This keeps my eyeshadow and mascara from ruining my face makeup if I did my face makeup before my eyes. I generally don't need it for my own personal use, but I do use it often with my clients. 
  • Blending Brush: ($3.00) This is an eyeshadow blending brush. I use it to blend out harsh lines on my eyes. It works really well. 
  • Contour Brush: ($3.00) This is a tiny brush with a little point on it. It works amazingly for apply concealer into the inner corners of the eyes as well as blending out eyeshadow in the inner corner of the eyes. 
  • Small Tapered Brush: ($3.00) I LOVE this for apply powder under my eyes. It fits perfectly in that area. It doesn't leave lines or anything. It's pretty seamless. 
  • Eyeshadow "c" Brush: ($3.00) This is an extremely dense eyeshadow brush. This is suppose to pack shadow onto the eyelid. And it does. And it packs on shadow well! 
  • Flawless Concealer Brush: ($3.00) I use this brush to blend out my concealer under my eyes or above my eyebrow. It's great! 
  • Powder Brush: ($3.00) I have been using this brush for years but, not for powder. This brush is really dense which makes it perfect for foundation blending. I wouldn't suggest using this brush with powder unless you are using a powder foundation in place of a liquid or cream foundation. This brush will give you a full coverage look. I love it!!
  • Crease Brush: ($3.00) I just got this in the mail today, but I would use this to place eyeshadow in the crease of my eye. 
  • Mineral Powder Brush: ($3.00) I just got this in the mail today, but I would use this to either set my under eyes, blend out my bronzer or contour, or blend out a BB cream. This brush is small which makes it great for detail work. It isn't dense like most of my foundation brushes so this wouldn't give the most flawless of finishes if used with foundation. 
  • Eyebrow Duo Brush: ($3.00) I just got this in the mail today, but it looks similar to the Anastasia Beverly Hills brush, so I am sure I will love it!
  • Complexion Brush: ($3.00) This is just a medium sized powder brush. I use it to set my face makeup when I want a more matte look to my skin. 
Moving onto the Beautifully Bare Line- Currently there is only one brush in this line; it retails for $6.00.
  • Blending Brush: ($6.00) I recently purchased this brush, so I have yet to use it. 
Last, but not least the Essentials Line- All brushes in this line retail for $1.00 or $2.00. 
  • Eye Crease Brush: ($1.00) This is just a crease brush, I use this to apply and/or blend out shadows in the creases of my eyes. 
  • Blending Eye Brush: ($1.00) This is a blending brush. This brush blends out harsh lines around the eye. 
  • Brow Comb and Brush: ($1.00) This is a basic brow comb. I generally use it to remove clumps from my mascara. 
  • Concealer Brush: ($1.00) This is a tiny concealer brush. It applies and blends out the concealer. I generally use this when I have a blemish that is hard to cover with just foundation. 
  • Eye Shadow Brush: ($1.00) This is just a lid brush. Nothing too special here. 
I own doubles of some of these brushes, because I really love them. If you have yet to try any of their brushes or makeup you should. I have a ELF favorites post that I will link below for anyone who is interested. 


Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:



No comments:

Post a Comment