Friday, September 18, 2015

August 2015 Makeup Favorites

Hey Dolls!


Welcome back to The Makeup Junkie! Today I want to share what makeup products I have been loving for the last month or so. So let's get started!


  • Makeup Organizer from Forever 21: This super cute makeup organizer says makeup junkie on it and when I saw I felt like it was meant for me. I store my everyday makeup and brushes in this organizer. It is the perfect size for my small desk. I truly love this. I will link it here: Cosmetics Organizer
  • Kat Von D Ludwig Palette: I know it has been discontinued, but I recently bought this from Ross and I must say it is a great everyday eyeshadow palette. It has soft pops of color, gorgeous shimmery shades as well as buttery matte shadows. It is a bit powdery, but all in all it is a phenomenal palette. 
  • Creme of Nature with Argan Oil Perfect Edges Gel: This is a edge gel. For those of you who don't know what edge gel does, I will tell you. This product will tame baby hairs or curly,unruly hairs around the edges of the face. I love this because it doesn't leave behind a weird white cast, it isn't sticky, it blends into my hair well, and it leaves a nice shine to my hair. I also love the scent and the hold of this gel. I don't have to worry having to reapply throughout the day. This is the best edge control product I have used. 
  • Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm: This is an awesome everyday primer. Yes, you heard me correctly; I use this as a primer. Nikki Tutorials (a YouTuber) suggested this a while back and I am so glad she did. This and the next two primers I am going to mention keep my makeup on all day. Now, it doesn't prevent me from being oily all day but, it does help reduce the amount of times I have to blot throughout the day. This is an inexpensive dupe of the next primer I am going to mention. 
  • Makeup Forever Step 1 Hydrating Primer: I LOVE this primer! IT hyrdates mt skin without making me greasy. I skin looks like its glowing. It's kind of insane. This is going to be my holy grail winter primer. I can already tell. 
  • Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector: Okay... this is so much better than the Makeup Forever Step 1 Mattifying primer. It is like glue. It sets so quickly and keeps me so matte its insane. I am beyond obsessed with this. All my oily girls will adore this. My dry skin girls will despise it, because it clinches onto dry patches. 
  • Makeup Forever Ultra HD Liquid Foundation: This looks so good on my skin it is crazy. It kind of looks like skin. I cannot explain my love of this. You all just need to try it. 
  • Benefit Cha Cha Tint: this is the most beautiful melon color. At first I was worried it would look weird, but no. It looks like a natural flush on my warm undertone. Plus it gives me the glow of a lifetime! 
  • Mehron Skin Prep: This is a prep makeup toner. It is used to mattify and prolong the wear of makeup. I find that is really does prolong the wear of my makeup. However, it has a lot of alcohol in it which makes it a drying product. I would not use this on a regular basis. 
  • L.A. Pro BB Cream: I recently got this from a local beauty supply and I am so glad I picked this up. The formula is lightweight, but bulidable. And the finish is satin. A lot of BB creams have a dewy almost oily looking finish and they aren't suitable for my skin type. But, this one is like on other. I love it! 
  • Lip Combo #1: 
    • Milani Black Cherry Lipstick
    • Jordana Easyliner in Cabernet
    • L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paint in Coy
  • Lip Combo #2:
    • L'Oreal Lipgloss in Nude Ballet
    • Gerard Cosmetics Lipgloss in Butter Cream 
    • Jordana Easyliner in Coco Loco
  • Lip Combo #3
    • Jordana Matte Lipstick in Matte Frappuccino 
    • MAC lipliner in Spice
  • Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer in Medium/Deep: I really like this for eyeshadow and concealer. This creates a nice base to enhance my shadows but, it also keeps my concealer and shadows on longer. I love it!
  • Benefit Gimme Brow: I love to set my brow with this, because it gives the brows a more full, natural appearance. It last all day and pairs well with all of my eyebrow products. 
  • Coastal Scents Classic Blender Natural Brush: This brush is natural haired and flawless. This blends out my eyeshadow like a dream. It leaves behind no harsh lines and it doesn't shed once so ever. 
  • Coastal Scents Classic Smudge Sponge: This is a tiny sponge brush that is meant to blend out and smudge eyeliner and/or eyeshadow. This would be perfect for smudging out eyeliner on the top lash line or smoking out the bottom lash line. I totally recommend this brush because it makes smudging super easy. 
  • Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff Brush: This is a dupe for the MAC 217/234 brushes. This is the density of the 217 and the size of the 234. It's soft and extremely easy to use. A few windshield wiper motions and that is it! Super simple! I love it! 
  • Smashbox Step by Step Contour Kit in Deep: This is my new baby. I use this everyday to set my highlight, contour, bronze and do my eyes. The brush in this kit is also flawless. I cannot say enough good things about this kit. If you are new to contouring and highlight or you didn't really enjoy any of the other popular kits on the market, then try this kit. You will love it; I promise!
  • Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush: I have had this brush for a while, but I never really used it until recently. This brush is so flat and small it makes it perfect for apply concealer and cream products directly were I want it.  
  • Real Techniques Makeup Sponge: This has always been a favorite, but I just rediscovered it. It blends amazing. I love all different sides to this sponge, but most of all I love the price. 
  • ELF Mineral Powder Brush: I have been loving this to blend out my BB Cream. For some reason this gives such a beautiful skin like finish to the product. I also like to use it to reapply powder around my oily nose. Again, it makes my skin look flawless, not cakey. I love this brush. 
  • Maybelline Better Skin Concealer in Deep: I have been using this concealer for a month or so now and I will continue to use this concealer. I recently did a review on this, so I will not go into too much detail, but I will say this is kind of like L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer and Maybelline Fit Me concealer in one. 
  • Coastal Scents Forever Blush in Radiant: This is a super bright red orange blush. I love to use this over my Cha Cha Tint from Benefit. I lightly apply it to my cheeks and blend it out. It looks awesome! I also like to use this to warm up any eyeshadow look I am doing. It kind of ties the look together in my opinion. 
  • Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eye Kohl in Nude: This is worth all of the hype. It is so creamy, so pigmented, and long lasting it is ridiculous. And the price is awesome! If you like nude eyeliner, then pick this one up. You will thank me!
  • ELF Crease Brush: This is a super pointed brush that gets straight into the crease of the eye. It applies product so well it is amazing. 
  • ELF Blending Brush: This brush is similar to the Coastal Scents blending brushes I mentioned earlier, but it is a bit more dense. To me, it blends out quicker than the Coastal Scents brushes, but they all are amazing. 
  • ELF Eyebrow Duo Brush: This is just a eyebrow brush with a angled brush on one side and a spoolie on the other. I like this because it is easy to use, compact, and great quality. 
  • ELF Small Tapered Brush: This is fantastic for setting the undereyes. It really creates a flawless layer of powder over my concealer. I love this brush!
  • ELF C Brush: This is a short dense brush that is meant to apply lid color. This applies the MAXIMUM amount of shadow to the lid. It is easy to use and amazing quality. I love it! 

That's all folks!!!!!



Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:



LINKS: 

Recent Blog Posts:
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased by me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned

No comments:

Post a Comment