Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie!
Today is going to be a beauty tutorial! An eye tutorial to be specific, I know it has been a while since I put
up a tutorial. I am sorry about that, I have been so busy I haven't had enough time to do "fun" makeup looks. I promise that will change now that it is summer! Just bear with me! This tutorial is going to be mostly drugstore products. I like using drugstore because, more people can access what I am using. The drugstore has tons of amazing products, you don't always have to spend a lot to get quality products. With all that said let's jump into this tutorial!
- Prime the eyes: I use NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone. I put that all over my lid, crease, and brow bone. I set it with a thin layer of translucent powder. This will help my eyeshadows last all day without creasing or moving.
- Apply tape: Applying tape to the outer corner will give a sharper, more defined line. This will also assist with applying liquid eyeliner in wing shape.
- Apply transition shade to the crease: To warm up the eye and add a transitional color to the eye, I apply a City Color matte bronzer. This bronzer is neutral in tone and it is about 2-3 shades darker than me.
- Add color to the lid: Using a flat brush pack the Milani Bella Eyes shadow in the shade Bella Cappuccino onto the lid. Make sure to use patting motions when applying the shadow, then blend the shadow out with a light, slow windshield wiper motion.
- Deepen the Outer V: Take the color Bella Bronze from Milani onto a Blending brush and lightly apply this to the outer V. Then using the same blending brush apply the colors darkside and blackheart (from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette) into the outer v as well. Be careful not to add too much. You only want to deepen it a little.
- If needed reapply shadow to the lid at this time.
- Apply liquid eyeliner: I used the NYX matte eyeliner in black to create a winged shape liner. Make it as thick or as thin as you would like.
- Apply a highlight shade to the brow bone: Taking a small flat brush apply the shade Bella Caffe to the brow bone. This will highlight my eyes.
- Pop some color on the lower area of the eye: Take the Milani Liquid Eye Liner Pencil in Aqua and apply it to the lower lash line as well as the water line. Then set the liner on both the lash line and water line with the Milani shadow in the shade Bella Teal.
- To further blend out the lower lash line take the matte bronzer or neutral brown shade you used as your transition and apply it to the bottom edge of the teal color. This will blend out the teal and make it more seamless.
- Once the eyeshadow is done remove the tape, curl the lashes, and apply mascara and/or false eye lashes.
That's all Folks!
Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie
- Instagram: Nia Burgess (@picklesandoreos23) • Instagram photos and videos
- Twitter: Nia ♈ (@picklesnoreos23) | Twitter
- Pinterest: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Email: email@example.com
- Tumblr: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Google Plus: Nia Burgess (The Makeup Junkie) - Google+
Recent Blog Posts:
- Review: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- Collective Beauty Haul #5 (Walgreens, CVS, Sephora, and MORE!)
- Full Coverage, Special Occasion Foundation Routine
- My Lazy Day Makeup Routine
- Current Favorite Music
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased my me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.