Wednesday, February 11, 2015

January Beauty Favorites and Un-favorites

Hey Dolls!

January has come and gone which means its time for my January beauty favorites and un-favorites. So, let's jump into it!

Let's begin with Skincare:

  • AcneFree Oil-Free Acne Cleanser: This is a benzoyl peroxide based acne cleanser. I love this product because it is gentle, yet effective. I have noticed my acne has diminished quite a bit since I began using this product. It can be used day or night. This is not a foaming cleanser; the formula is more milky with some beads for light exfoliation. I know that acne products can be drying at times, so if you use this remember to moisturize well. 
Moving onto Body Care:
  • Becalm Bath Therapy 3 in 1 Body Wash, Bubble Bath, and Shampoo: I love this body wash! I have been using it for about a year and I will never switch to another body wash again. This body wash is parben free, phyhalates free, propylene free, petroleum free, and gluten free. It also has no artificial colors, its biodegradable, and it restores the skin tone it's natural pH. My favorites scents are strawberry smoothie, pomegranate passion, and rose petals. I recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. 
Onto nail polish:
  • Julep Nail Color in Sawyer: I love this color! This nail polish is a metallic purple nail polish with a gold-ish green shade in it as well. This is such a unique color, it's super long lasting, and it is extremely opaque. 
Next up, Makeup:
  • Real Techniques Blush brush: Although this is a blush brush, I use this brush to apply my bronzer. This brush is extremely fluffy which allows me to achieve a soft, airbrush like bronze effect. I highly recommend this brush to anyone in the market for a good bronzer brush. 
  • Real Techniques Powder Brush: This brush is AMAZING; it's big and fluffy which allows it to lightly and evenly apply face powder. When I use this brush I never look cakey or powdery. I highly recommend this brush!
  • Large Fan Brush: I have been using large fan brushes to apply a contour shade. This brush keeps my contour from getting muddy. My contour always appears more natural and more effortless when I use this brush. I highly recommend this brush to everyone, but especially anyone who is having a hard time with applying contour.   
  • Milani Baked Blush in bellissimo bronze: This is a beautiful shimmer, bronzy blush color. I love to use this as my everyday blush because doesn't apply a lot of color to my skin (Due to my skin tone), but it warms up my face. This product appears to liven up my face. Its amazing! If you are the same shade or lighter than me then this blush will be an effective blush for you. If you are darker than me, then I would not recommend this product. 
  • L'Oreal True Match Powder in N8 Cappuccino: I have been using this powder for years; I use this powder to set my foundation and to touch up my face throughout the day. This powder is so buttery, it is the perfect match for my skin tone, and it never applies cakey or powdery. The True Match range has so many colors and undertones in it that it is impossible for someone to not find there perfect shade. I highly recommend this product. 
  • NYX Conceal, Correct, Contour palette in 3CP03 Deep: I don't want to go into too much detail about this product because I will be posting a review on this very soon, but I had to mention it! The concealers in this palette are super pigmented and easy to blend. I find it to be an amazing dupe for MAC studio finish concealers and the MAC pro concealer palette. There are three different colors in this range. I am certain all skin tones and under tones will love this palette. 
  • Gerard Cosmetics BB Plus Illumination Facial Creme: I won't go into too much detail because I did make an entire review regarding this product. (I will link it below) I love this highlighter! It retails for almost $40.00, but it is so worth it!  
  • City Color Sunlight Trio Blush, Highlight, Bronzer Palette in Collection 1: When I purchased this I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do. Mostly because the bronzer is a shimmery copper shade with a red undertone and the highlighter is a very light shimmery gold. However, after several weeks of playing with this palette I can say I am obsessed! These powders are super pigmented and blendable; These colors give the skin such a gorgeous glow. I HIGHLY recommend this palette! 
  • Maybelline Master Hi-Light in 60 Deep Bronze: This is suppose to be a bronzer, but it comes off a bit too coppery; I use it as a highlighter. I spoke about this in a recent blog post (I will post the link below), so I won't go into too much detail about this product. I will say though that I love this highlighter. I recommend it to anyone who has a medium deep to deep skin tone. 
  • Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in 13 Bella Pink: I believe I mentioned one of these shadows before, but not this shade in particular. I want to mention this shade because I have been wearing this eyeshadow a lot. Its a very light purple-ish pink shimmery color. I love how pigmented these colors are and how affordable these shadows are. 
  • ELF Hydrating Under Eye Primer: Sometimes my under eyes crease and become patchy, so I have been looking for a hydrating under eye primer to help reduce the amount of creasing and patchiness I get under my eyes. I saw this primer at my local K-Mart and figured I would give it a go and I am so glad I did. This is super hydrating. I have noticed a reduction in the amount of creasing I give throughout the day. I recommend this to anyone whose concealer crease under their eyes.  
  • ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Golden Peach: I love this highlighter! This is a golden, peach liquid highlighter. This highlighter gives off a beautiful glow without any glitter or sparkle. I love wearing this on my cheekbones. This product retails for $1.00! I highly recommend it!
  • Gerard Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Butter Cream: I have not too sure if I mentioned this before, but I will mention it again. I have been loving this shade! On my skin tone this color comes off as a bright baby pink. In the tube it comes off a a muted baby pink. This color somehow brings my face to life. It has a slight blue-ish undertone which helps me teeth look a bit whiter. To help the gloss not look too bright on my skin I use Jordana Easyliner for lips in Coco Loco. This gloss is not overly sticky, it lasts all day, and its's extremely pigmented. I highly recommend this gloss. 
Now to Un-favorites: 
  • Wet n Wild Color Icon eye shadow trio in Sun Set to See: I bought this because of the orange color in this palette. I was hoping it would be as pigmented and nice as the other Wet n Wild foreshadows, but it was not. The formula is chalky, the shades are very sheer, and these shadows has a lot of fallout. Long story short, this was an epic fail.
  • Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation: I have already returned this foundation, because it was terrible for me. First off the color I chose was the darkest in the range and that shade was so red it was ridiculous. Second, the foundation dried so matte it caught on to all of my creases and wrinkles. (I didn't even know I had wrinkles.) Third, it did not make me pore less once so ever. I have medium/large pores around my nose and those remained there normal size. Fourth, I was just as oily as I was with all of my other foundations. Fifth, the finish was blotchy when applied with a brush and beauty blender. I had to use my hands to apply it. (I am not a fan of of using my hands personally.) I personally won't repurchase this. I know a lot of people like this foundation, but sadly I did not. 
  • Jordana Best Length Extreme Mascara: I don't want to say this is a complete fail, but I can say that it didn't work for the purchase it which I bought it for. It is a great everyday mascara because it is extremely separating and light, but it didn't lengthen my lashes at all. So, if you are in the market for an affordable, everyday mascara then this mascara would be for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment