Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie!! Today I wanted to share all of my current beauty favorites. This will encompass makeup, and fragrances. The next post will be my "non-beauty" favorites. I will be posting my room tour and and updated makeup collection/tour video within the next three weeks. If you follow me on instagram, then you would know I am buying new things and moving things around, etc etc. Once that process is over I will be sharing my space with you all. With that being said please be patient; the post will be here soon and I will include dupes or links to all of my decor. For now, we are going to continue with today's blog post. Enjoy!
Let's begin with Fragrances:
- Versace Bright Crystal: I like this scent because it is super fresh and lightweight. It isn't heavy or anything like that. If you know me, then you know I am not into heavy scents and such. So this one is perfection!! According to sephora.com the notes are, Iced Accord, Yuzu, Pomegranate, Peony, Magnolia, Lotus Flower, Acajou, Vegetal Amber, Musk. This is a gorgeous scent. If you are into light, fresh, floral, but fruity scents you will love this perfume!
- Thierry Mugler's Alien: I am new to the perfume game, so I asked people what fragrances they like and I kept hearing this scent. Alien to me is "sexy", but not too over powering. I find that night time scents can be too much, but this is awesome. Sephora says the notes are, Solar Accord, Jasmine Sambac, Green Notes, Cashmeran, Vanilla, Transparent Amber. This is my current go to night time scent. I highly recommend it!
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh: Marc Jacobs perfumes are my favorite. This is always in my collection and I will NEVER go without it. To me it smells like berries and kind of like flowers. The notes are Natural Raspberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Violet, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom, Musks, Cedarwood, Plum.
- Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange: This smells exactly like what the name says. It is a super citrus-y and bright. I really love it.
Moving onto brushes and tools:
- MAC 135 Brush: I got this because Desi Perkins was raving about it and then I saw Nikki Tutorials with it and then I was sold. I picked it up and now I am in love. I use this to bronze my skin. It applies bronzer so evenly and softly it looks amazing. It makes me bronzer look like a sunkissed glow and not a bunch of bronzer.
- Tarte Swirl Power Contour & Bronzer Brush: I really like this because I can use this brush to bronze and contour at the same time. It diffuses the contour, but it creates a defined line at the same time. It is awesome!
- Real Techniques Setting Brush: I got this a few days ago and I am obsessed with it!!! It applies setting powder under my eyes and to the edges of my nose so well. Some brushes set down powder unevenly. This is not too dense so it applies a light, even layer of skin.
- Morphe M501 Brush: Manny raves about this brush and so does Jaclyn Hill so, I picked it up. This is a highlighting brush, or at least that is what I use it for. It applies highlighter evenly and diffuses the color out all in one motion. I find that it is perfect for concentrating product onto the face. Some brushes are too big or too dense. I am obsessed! I love it! I recently purchased back ups and the should be on their way soon!!
- Black Beauty Blender: This is just a regular beauty blender, but I like that it is darker so it doesn't look as dirty as my pink one.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills #14 and #12 brow brushes: I like these both equally the only difference is one is bigger than the other.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Single Eyeshadows in Fawn, Deep Brown, Sienna, Beauty Mark, and Red Earth. I love the blending power of these shadows along with the pigmentation. These are my go to everyday colors. Fawn is a light tan shade, deep brown is a very deep, cool toned brown, sienna is a warm reddish brown, Beauty Mark is a deep purple, and Red Earth is a muted red brown shade.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Self Made Palette: This is the newest palette that they have come out with. It has 14 colors shades. This palette is beautiful for everyday or for a night out. You can make a smoky eye with this or a fresh everyday look with this palette. The shadows are the same amazing quality as the single shadows. I love this palette. I highly recommend it!
- Benefit Peek a Bright Eyes and Big Beautiful Eyes Palettes: The shadows in these palettes are so buttery and blendable its insane! I totally recommend these palettes. I love them!!!!
- Urban Decay Naked Basic 2 Palette: I really like this palette because they are so blendable and it is hard to find a pigmented, blendable matte eyeshadow palette. I also like that they are cool toned because I use a lot warm shadows so it is a nice change for me.
- Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminators: I do have both shades; Gilded Honey and Ballerina. These are super pigmented and gorgeous. I know that there was tons of hype around the Glided Honey shade a few month back and I totally understand the hype.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Riviera Illuminator: This is a pinky purple highlighter. This has the same amount of blend ability and pigmentation of the other Anastasia highlighter I mentioned last month. I love this shade, it is beautiful on medium and deep skin tones.
- Cargo Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Colombia: This is a super pigmented cool toned brown shade. I love this eyeshadow. This brand is awesome!
- Cover FX Custom Cover Drops: These are pure pigments that are meant to be added directly into foundaton, bb cream, tinted moisturizer, etc. Their purpose is to give more coverage to your favorite base products without disturbing the texture or longevity of the makeup. I am using them with the CoverFX Radiance oil. I really love the finish and the coverage of these two together. I will not go with them EVER. They are my new holygrail base products.
Those are my current favorites! That's all Folks!
Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie
- Instagram: Nia Burgess (@purpose_mua23) • Instagram photos and videos
- Twitter: Nia ♈ (@picklesnoreos23) | Twitter
- Pinterest: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tumblr: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Google Plus: Nia Burgess (The Makeup Junkie) - Google+
Recent Blog Posts: