Saturday, June 28, 2014

My Current Favorite Drugstore Beauty Items

Hey Dolls!
The drugstore makeup/ skincare section gives me life. Naturally, when I go to the drugstore I spend forever looking through all the sales and new collections. So, as a result, I have cumulated quite a bit of drugstore brand makeup/ skin care items. Today's blog post is going to be on my favorite items. Hopefully this post will help you Dolls find new goodies to try out at the drugstore. Let's get start!

I will start of with skin care and hygiene.
  1. Biore Pore Cleansing strips- My GOSH!!!!! These are my holy grail cleansing strips. These strips remove all the blackheads, whiteheads, and all other impurities from my nose. I have noticed that when I use these my nose doesn't get nearly as oily as it does when I haven't used them. I use them about twice a week.
  2. Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser- This cleanser is extremely deep cleansing. Has a wonderful minty feel and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. I have noticed a reduction in pore size. I highly recommend this for people with large pores and people with pores that seem to always be clogged.
  3. Health & Beauty Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay- This clay mask is perfect for deep cleaning of pores. It shrinks pores, tightens skin, and helps keep oils at bay. I have also noticed a reduction in my acne. I use this mask twice a week in conjunction with my Biore Pore Cleansing Strips.
Now to the fun stuff...MAKEUP...
  1. Covergirl Queen Collection All day Flawless 3 in 1 in Q835 Mocha- This foundation is the same as the regular 3 in 1 foundation except this line is for people with deeper skin tones. It has amazing color range, great coverage, and it has decent lasting power. It is a great drugstore foundation for people with oily skin. It does not cake up and blends perfectly onto the skin.
  2. Maybelline Fit Me Powder in 360 Mocha- Though this is meant to be a face powder I use it as a bronzer/ contour powder. I love how smooth and matte this powder is. I also enjoy the color; it has a true warm tone and is brown not red like a lot of bronzing powders can be. It's a great drugstore bronzer for people with deep skin tones.
  3. Carmex- I love Carmex more than any other lip balm. It is super inexpensive, has SPF, helps with cold sores and cracked lips, its moisturizing, and it is long lasting.
  4. ELF eye refresh- This product helps wake up my tired under eye area in the mornings. I generally place it in my fridge to add a cooling effect. Its a great drugstore under eye refresher. I totally recommend it to people with under eye circles or dry under eyes.  
  5. L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD concealer in Fawn- This concealer is an amazing drugstore alternative to the Clinique All About Eyes Concealer. It's pigmented, inexpensive, and has amazing lasting power. It comes in a huge array of colors and its only $2 at my local beauty supply. I recommend it for people who like full coverage concealers.
  6. Wet n Wild Coloricon blusher in Mellow Wine - This blush is only $2 but, it only preforms like a high end blush. This color is perfect for everyday because it is a matte, pink, highly pigmented, and long lasting. It works well on fair,medium, and deep skin tones.
  7. Real Techniques makeup sponge-  This sponge is an amazing dupe for the beauty blender. In my opinion it is much better than the original beauty blender. The shape of the sponge helps get under the eyes and into hard to reach areas such as corners of the mouth or contouring around the nose or something of that nature.
So that was my favorite drugstore beauty items. Or course as time goes on will do another updated version of this post. But, for now these are the drugstore products I recommend and enjoy. Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I hope you return. I also hope you all enjoyed this post! Please remember to share. And I believe that is all. So have a great week!
-The Makeup Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment