Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spring and Summer Everyday Foundation Routine For Combination Oily Skin

Hey Dolls!

I've been trying to do as many requested posts as possible recently. Today's post has been requested quite a few times. I'm going to give a detailed outline of my foundation routine for warmer months. I will also be giving a couple of tips and tricks to help prolong the wear of my face products. This will be a mixture of high end and drugstore products. There are a bunch of amazing products from both; today I will be sharing my favorites. So, without further a do let's jump into it!

Let's begin with a list of products: (Links will be included)


Moving onto skin preparation:
  • I apply my face with the Makeup Forever Step 1 Mattifying Primer. This primer is crazy matte! It removes any and all shine from my skin. 
  • I apply my ELF hydrating under eye primer to my under eye. This adds a bit of moisture to that area and makes it easier for my concealer to go on. I also find that is helps keep my concealer from creasing as much as it usually would. 
  • Then I apply my Walgreens' brand SPF 50 lip balm. This preps my lips for lip products as well as keeps my lips protected from the sun.
Onto the foundation and concealer:
  • Using a damp Real Techniques blending sponge I push my Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation in Deep Honey into my skin. I would say this is more of a medium coverage, rather than full. I allow this to set for at least 30 seconds or more. Allowing the foundation to set will help it better adhere to the skin. (If I feel the need to blend in my foundation more I use the ELF Ultimate Blending Brush. I use buffing motions with this brush.)
  • While my foundation sets I apply my L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer in Fawn to my undereyes. During the spring and summer I find applying less product is super important, so I only apply concealer to my undereyes where I did it most. I use my Real Techniques blending sponge to blend this in. 
  • Literally right after I finish blending my concealer I apply NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana. I use my Real Techniques blending sponge to press the powder into my skin. Apply the powder as soon as I finish blending my concealer helps with creasing. Also using my damp blending sponge will help keep the powdery look at bay. 
  • Now that my foundation is dry and my concealer is on and set I have to set my foundation. I use my Real Techniques powder brush and my L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder in N8 Cappuccino. I apply it mostly to my t-zone and a little to the rest of my face. 
Moving onto Bronzing, Contouring, and Highlighting:
  • Most days I mix ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer Powder in Antigua (only the bronzer) and City Color Sunlight Trio in Collection 1 (Only the bronzer) together on my Real Techniques Blush Brush and apply that to my face. I apply this anywhere I need to bronze. So, my cheeks, my temples, and my chin.  Other day if I want to do more I apply only the ELF bronzer and then I contour with the City Color Matte Bronzer and my ELF contouring brush.
  • I generally don't add blush, but if I do it will almost always be the Milani Baked Blush in Bellissimo Bronze on the cheeks. 
  • I don't always highlight, but if I do I apply Gerard Cosmetics BB Plus Illumination Facial Creme to my cheek bones. I will not apply it anywhere else. 
Now, let's put on the final touches:
  • It is now time for me to set my face makeup. I use three different things depending on the weather and how long I need my foundation to last. The first setting spray is the Model in a Bottle original setting spray. This makes my foundation last about 8 hours without touch up. I apply this using a stippling brush. Sometimes the spray nozzle can make the product blotchy. The second setting spray is the Mario Badescu Facial Spray is does not make my foundation last and longer than it should. This only removes the powdery finish. I think this for days when I am trying to quickly leave and then come straight back. The third is the Ben Nye Final Seal. This makes my foundation last forever! It does not transfer, it does not get oily, and it does not crease. I use a stippling brush with this as well. The spray nozzle can make it blotchy. 
Tips and Tricks for touching up your face:
  • Bring a powder with you. I purchased a smaller stiffer to put some of my ELF SPF 45 powder in. I use this to lightly touch up my face. Also this is perfect because you need to re apply sunscreen every 60 to 80 minutes. So this comes in handy. Don't use too much because this will leave behind a white cast. 
  • Keep blotting sheet in your bag. If you aren't a fan of powders than try blotting sheets. They apply no product and they don't take away product. They only remove oil. 
Tips and Tricks for prolonging the wear of your face makeup:
  • If primer isn't enough for you apply your favorite mattifying setting powder or spray over your primer. This will help create a more matte surface as well as a surface than will prolong the wear of your face products. 
  • Use less makeup. On days where it is extremely hot don't apply a million products. The buildup will be too much and once you are outside it will all melt away. Try BB creams, light coverage foundations, medium coverage foundations, or tinted moisturizers. 

That's all Folks!

This routine has worked perfectly for me. Of course I don't apply makeup everyday and I don't always do all of these steps unless I am going to be out and about. Feel free to skip steps, remove and/or switch out products, or simply not use this routine. Remember this is just they way I like to do my makeup; it is basically a guideline. 



Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar or you can go to the follow me section above. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

LINKS: 
Recent Blog Posts:
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased my me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment