Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Drugstore Face Primer Review

Over the last couple of months I have been trying new face primers. They are all primary from the drugstore.


From right to left: Baby Skin, Prepare Silicone Primer
Tru Magic Skin Prefector, and Pore Vanisher (sample size)

 
  1. L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher
    • Available in all drugstores
    • Retails for $20.00
    • Similar to Benefit Porefessional Primer
    • Claims to reduce look of pores instantly and to shrinks actually pore size in one month
    • I've been using for 2-2.5 weeks
    • I noticed smaller pore size and reduction in whiteheads on my nose
    • I DO recommend
    • FYI: if you are looking for a primer that controls oils this will NOT do that
  2. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
    • Available in all drugstores
    • Retails for $8.00-10.00
    • Similar to Smashbox Photofinish Primer
    • Claims to instantly vanish pores
    • Feels greasy at first
    • Does reduce pores
    • Would NOT recommend
    • FYI: Better for dry skin or normal skin
  3. Covergirl Tru Magic Skin Perfector
    • Available in all drugstores
    • Retail $9.00-11.00
    • Similar to Mally Poreless Face Defender
    • Claims to prefect/soft focus skin, mattify, control shine, and smooth skin
    • Feels like a gel at first then has a powder finish
    • Smoothed over my skin
    • Mattified my skin
    • Does not stop me from becoming oily
    • Can be used under and over makeup
    • I DO recommend
  4. Manual Override Cosmetic Prepare Silicone Primer
    • Available on www.amazon.com
    • Retails for $5.00-7.00
    • Claims to make foundation last all night
    • I noticed a silky base and smooth foundation application
    • No change in lasting power of make-up
    • I DO recommend
    • FYI: if you are looking for lasting power DO NOT buy this product
 

No comments:

Post a Comment