Friday, September 11, 2015

Easy Drugstore Back to School Makeup Look

Hey Dolls!

Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie! I know school is back in session for tons of us (Myself included), so I know how annoying it get up early and get ready for school. So I am going to share my quick makeup routine for school days. This look is fool proof and you only need a few products. This look will give you dewy skin and an more awake look. This will be perfect for the person who has been up all night studying or what have you. So, let's jump straight into it!
Let's begin with Skin Prep:

  • Complete your skin care routine 10 minutes before starting your makeup. This will allow your skin
    This look minus the eyeshadow.
    care to truly sink in to the skin and do its job. Do your hair or put on your clothes in the meantime. 
  • Prime your skin with your favorite primer. Primer will help your makeup last all day. I generally use Rimmel Stay Matte primer or NYX Angel Veil primer. 
Moving onto eyes:
  • I fill in my eyebrows with NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Espresso and I set my brows with L'Oreal's brow gel in medium/dark.
  • I place Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Inked in Pink on my lid. This adds a nice glow to the eye and it keeps my eyelid from getting all oily throughout the day. 
  • Using a flat shader brush I apply the browbone shade from the Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells Trio to the brow bone area. 
  • Using the same brush I used before I apply the eyelid shade from that same palette to my lid. This will set the creamy eyeshadow we just used. 
  • Taking a fluffy blending brush I mix the crease shade from that Wet n Wild Palette with my Covergirl Queen Bronzer and apply it to my crease. This will add a tiny bit of depth to the look. 
  • To open up my eyes I apply NYX Wonder pencil in dark to my waterline. 
  • I curl my lashes and apply mascara. I like to use Wet n Wild Max Volume or L'Oreal Voluminous Original. 
Onto the skin: 
  • I mix L'Oreal True Match or L'Oreal Infalliable Pro Matte Foundation with one to two drops of rose hip oil. This add a nice glow to the skin without disturbing the medium to full coverage of the foundation. I apply this mixture using my ELF powder brush. I like to use pressing motions and them buffing motions to blend this in for a more flawless and seamless look. I don't use too much, because this is daytime, school time makeup. I don't mind if a few of my imperfections show through. 
  • I apply Maybelline Better Skin or Fit Me concealer to my under eyes to conceal my dark circles. I blend out my concealer with my finger and my foundation brush. 
  • I set my under eyes with L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder in Classic Tan. I also set my nose with this. I set each area lightly to prevent creasing. 
  • I bronzer my face with ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Duo in Antigua or/and Covergirl Queen Bronzer in Ebony Bronze. I like to use the Real Techniques Powder Brush. I usually bronze my cheeks, forehead, tip of my nose, and my chin. 
  • I apply Milani Bellissimo Bronze blush to the back of my cheeks using the ELF stippling brush. 
Now, lips:
  • I line my lips with coco loco lip liner from Jordana.
  • I apply L'Oreal Lipgloss in Nude Ballet. 
That's all Folks!

This look take me 10 to 20 minutes depending on what I am doing in between. I often watch TV or YouTube while doing my getting ready routine. Which is why the time varies so much. Hopefully you guys enjoy this look. Sometimes I don't do the eyeshadow or eyeliner portion of this post. I will post a picture of myself without the eyeshadow and liner in this post. 


Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:



LINKS: 

Recent Blog Posts:
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased by me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment