Monday, October 13, 2014

Beauty Q&A

He Dolls!

A few of you Dolls have emailed me various beauty related. I figured it would be a good idea do compile those questions and answer them on one post. With that said, today's post is going to be a Q&A. Let's jump into it!


  1. "What is your favorite makeup brand?"
    • This is a hard question to answer because I have several brands that I love. Especially in the drugstore. If I had to buy from only one drugstore brand it would be L'Oreal and if I had to buy from only one high end brand it would be Nars.  
  2. "You did a post on a Maybelline makeup remover and you said you didn't like it. I was wondering if you found a good makeup remover yet? If so, which one and can you do a review?"
    • It's funny that this question was asked because I recently picked up a different Maybelline makeup remover that a few YouTubers have been raving about. I have been trying it out and now feel that I can make a review on it. So, you will have to stay tuned for that review.
  3. "Why did you start Makeup Junkie?"
    • I started Makeup Junkie because I love makeup and beauty. I wanted a venue where I could express my love for makeup and beauty. I also wanted to share with people my love for makeup and beauty. As well as share my makeup and beauty knowledge with people. I hope that as this blog grows the readers would also interact more with me and each other. That way we could have our know little community of makeup and beauty lovers.
  4. "I love how often you post. It gives me something to look forward to on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Do you blog everyday?"
    • I am glad you enjoy the schedule. No, I don't blog everyday. I usually spend make lists of blog post I want to post over a month long period. I spend a few days planning, taking pictures, making outlines, etc. etc. Then I type everything up and pre-schedule them to drop every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Although that spending a week or so at the end of each month solely working on Makeup Junkie can be tedious it actually makes it easier on me to be able to maintain this schedule and do the other things I need to do.
  5. "Your teeth look so white! What do you use to whiten them?"
    • Thank you! I use to use Walgreens brand whitening strips but, now I just swish hydrogen peroxide around in my mouth after I brush my teeth. with Colgate optic white. Other than that I don't do anything. And I eat and drink normally. I.E. I still have dark soda and coffee, etc. etc.   
  6. "You mentioned that you have large pores I am curious to know which primer you use to minimize the look of them."
    • Large pores is an under statement. Sometimes my pores look like craters! The L'Oreal Pore Vanisher is what helps me minimize the look of my pores. It is similar to the Benefit Porefessional. I love it. You can find it in the skin care line of any drugstore.
  7. "I'm 12 going on 13 and I am ready to start wearing makeup. My mom says I should wait. Do you think 13 is too young to start wearing makeup? When did you start wearing makeup?"
    • I think your mom is correct. I didn't start wearing makeup until I was 14. And even then I only wore mascara and lip gloss. Your skin is still young, makeup could actually cause you to have acne or irritation. Besides you have a lifetime to wear makeup just enjoy this time without it.
  8. "Hi Makeup Junkie, you have made several posts on your daily routine and such but, you never go into detail on your hair routine. I was wondering if you could do a hair routine post."
    • That is a great question. I do not have a hair care routine down yet. I skip around from product to product because I haven't found anything that works well. As soon as I find a routine that works I will definitely share it with you Dolls!
  9. " I have a hard time finding a bronzer because I am dark skinned. I know you a have a dark complexion as well and I am wondering what bronzer/contour powders you use."
    • I understand your struggle. My favorite bronzers/contour powders are ELFs Blush and Bronzer duo in Turks and Caicos and Maybelline's FIT ME powder in 360 Mocha. They are great for deeper skin tones. Oh, another that works well is the Covergirl Queen Bronzer. There are a lot of shades that are designed for women of color.
That's all folks!

Thank you all for sending me emails. I love being able to answer your questions and answer your requests. Your kind words and support warm my heart. You Dolls make being the administrator of this blog fun.

I hope you found this post helpful. If you have any comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the "Follow me" tab above. (My email is in that tab.) Remember to share this blog and post. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you have a blessed week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All thoughts given were my own. I was not paid to make this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment